The Peter Blackshaw Real Estate Women’s and Junior Tour is Australia’s premier junior tour.
The historic event is held on some of the territory’s most scenic and varied terrain, including closed roads and dedicated cycle racing infrastructure. It continues to be an important development race for tomorrow’s champions, having being previously targeted by yesterday’s aspiring athletes including Caleb Ewan, Amanda Spratt, Gracie Elvin and more.
The Tour is also part of the 2018 NSW Premiership Series (Women) and is a key qualification race for ACT riders aspiring to qualify for the Australian Junior Road National Championships.
Additionally, for ACT riders, the 2018 Tour is part of the recently-announced National Junior Road Series.
Canberra Junior & Women’s Tour 2018 Categories:
- Participation (5.y.o+)
- U9 Boys / U9 Girls
- U11 Boys / U11 Girls
- U13 Boys / U13 Girls
- U15 Men / U15 Women (NJRS)
- U17 Men / U15 Women (NJRS)
- U19 Men / U19 Women
- Open Women’s A Grade
- Open Women’s B Grade
- Open Women’s C Grade (NEW!)
About the National Junior Road Series
New for 2018, the NJRS is the new state and national level series for U15 and U17 riders. It provides a virtual link between riders in all states, culminating in the final race of the series – the National Junior Road Championships. The series is comprised of two point-scoring events in a rider’s home state, with final event (National Junior Road Championships) being the final and only point-scoring event for riders from all states. A NJRS Series Leader Jersey will be awarded to the highest-ranked rider from the ACT at the conclusion of each of the ACT NJRS events.
Riders from all states and countries will still be eligible to enter the Canberra Junior & Women’s Tour and will still feature in the results, however only ACT riders (riders registered with a Cycling ACT club) will score NJRS points in the event. Riders from other states will score NJRS points in their home-state’s 2 x nominated NJRS events, as well as the National Junior Road Championships.
2018 NJRS Events (ACT Riders):
- Peter Blackshaw Real Estate Canberra Junior & Women’s Tour (28-29 April 2018)
- Goulburn Junior Tour (19-20 May 2018)
- National Junior Road Championships (21-23 September, WA)
Entries are now open for Canberra Junior & Women’s Tour at:
Other Cycling ACT events also open for entries:
- 2018 ACT Championships Series (U23+): https://eventdesq.sportstg.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=main&EventDesqID=28378&OrgID=8515
- 2018 ACT Criterium Championships (U23+): (entry portal link available on above Series web page)
- 2018 ACT Road Championships (U23+): (entry portal link available on above Series web page)
- 2018 ACT Individual Time Trial Championships (U23+): (entry portal link available on above Series web page)
- 2018 ACT Hill Climb Championships (U23+): (entry portal link available on above Series web page)
- Commissaire courses: subject to demand. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coaching Courses: March 2018 (new coaches), and April 2018 (Level 1) http://act.cycling.org.au/events
Entries opening soon:
- 2018 National Capital Tour: http://act.cycling.org.au/events
For more information about the National Junior Road Series, see the Cycling Australia media release.