Australia’s Premier Junior Tour
28th-29th April 2018
Brought to you by:
#CJWT18 Live Results are available at:
The 2018 Canberra Junior & Women’s Tour is part of the 2018 NSW Premiership Series, and the recently announced National Junior Road Series.
A new classification will feature in the 2018 edition of the Peter Blackshaw Real Estate Canberra Junior & Women’s Tour #CJWT18, bringing the total number of jersey classifications at the ACT’s flagship junior & women’s event to four, and replicating the jersey classifications of a grand tour.
The 2018 edition will favour the complete rider, progressively challenging a wide range of abilities in the older age groups, and keeping it fun and achievable for the younger ages. Contested on widely varied terrain, all types of rider will have a chance to shine, from the modest, scenic climbs of Uriarra Forest, to the wide, technical purpose-built criterium circuit, to the almost perfectly-flat Individual Time Trial on the waterfront of Lake Burley Griffen.
The 2018 Tour will be held almost exclusively on closed roads, with the presence and support of the Australian Federal Police, ACT Ambulance Services, as well as first aid and Cycling ACT commissaires, moto-commissaires, and volunteer lead and spares vehicles. U15 & below will be held 100% on closed roads.
The U19 category continues to be an integral part of the event in 2018, whilst the Participation category will offer kids as young as 5 the chance to dip their toes in the water and have some weekend fun with other kids. As per 2017, U19M will be restricted to U19 gear rollout, whilst U19W will not as this category will race together with Women’s A.
We’re grateful for the event’s major sponsor Peter Blackshaw Real Estate‘s continued support of the event, and we’re proud to deliver Australia’s premiere junior tour, also part of the 2018 NSW Premiership Series (Women), and featuring four stages in a professional-like environment for a very modest entry fee.
- 4 Stages
- 2 x Road Races on closed roads and different courses
- 1 x Criterium stage on Canberra’s purpose-built criterium circuit,
- 1 x Individual Time Trial
- Event Classifications:
- General Classification (all age groups)
- Young Rider Classification (U15, U17, U19, WA, WB)
- King-of-the-Mountains (U15, U17, U19, WA, WB)
- Sprint Points Classification (U15, U17, U19, WA, WB)
- Stages on different terrain, allowing all types of rider a chance of success and developing racing skills in different areas
- An auto-qualifying event for Junior Road National Championships (U15 & U17 ACT Riders)
- Part of the National Junior Road Series
- Part of the NSW Premiership Series (Women’s A Grade)
- ACT Championships contested by ACT riders (U9 to U19 only, Road Race, ITT, Criterium)
*For full details of road closures and road conditions, see the Event Program.
Know someone who needs a challenge? Recommend #CJWT18 to get them into it.
We are currently very short of KOM judges for Saturday. Please volunteer if you are able to help!
Can you volunteer to help out on event day? We’re a not-for-profit association which exists to progress the cycle sport in ACT and the surrounding region, and therefore rely on our member constituency, family & friends to deliver racing experiences like #CJWT18. If you can drive a lead car, record the first riders on the KOM’s or do any one of the many easy volunteer roles, please visit www.volunteersignup.org/RAQH7 and sign up to a role.
Queries can be sent to email@example.com
Brought to you by:
Download the CJWT18 Start List here.